Some days I am utterly convinced that this man I married is 300 years my senior- 300 years more experienced, 300 years more knowledgeable and wise. You often find people who are passionate about something, and because of that passion, they are good at or know a great deal about that thing they love. But it isn't often that you find someone who is so good at and knows so much about so many very different things. His mediocre easily out-does my excellent, and often. I am in awe of the fact that he loves me. I am humbled. I am grateful. I am honored. And somewhere in all of those feelings there is the hint of an idea- if he's so great and so wise and so careful, and he actually CHOSE me to be by his side forever, then I must be pretty amazing too. And then I feel something... wonderful... hope. And I am happy.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Some days I am utterly convinced that this man I married is 300 years my senior- 300 years more experienced, 300 years more knowledgeable and wise. You often find people who are passionate about something, and because of that passion, they are good at or know a great deal about that thing they love. But it isn't often that you find someone who is so good at and knows so much about so many very different things. His mediocre easily out-does my excellent, and often. I am in awe of the fact that he loves me. I am humbled. I am grateful. I am honored. And somewhere in all of those feelings there is the hint of an idea- if he's so great and so wise and so careful, and he actually CHOSE me to be by his side forever, then I must be pretty amazing too. And then I feel something... wonderful... hope. And I am happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so totally beautiful. I love Danny for helping you unfold and blossom and believe what has been there all along; how wonderful you are.
ReplyDeleteYou do deserve him and stop playing small, you're still even bigger than you think.
Wow! You're married! A huge congrats to both of you--if he is even HALF as awesome as you are, he must be quite a catch. Can't wait to meet him. :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteHey Katie Law! I am so happy to hear about you're marriage and happiness. It looks like you found a great guy. I always knew you would find someone who saw you for who you are.
ReplyDelete"Writer in fantasy. Artist in want of talent" haha! Nonsence! Before I read that I was already going to compliment you on your writing abilities. I will definitley be following this blog.
Take care of yourselves.
Matt Wright